Heiniger Academy Certificate III in Animal Care Services (Pet Grooming) ACM30122 and Five Week Practical Pet Grooming Course Delivered by Petbarn Grooming Academy
This course packages together the Certificate III in Animal Care Services (Pet Grooming) with a 5 week intensive 'hands-on' training course delivered by the Petbarn Grooming Academy to provide the practical skills training needed to complete the assessment requirements. The Petbarn Academy offers learners a personalised and structured professional Industry specific course in dog grooming, and is suited for those:
- entering the industry,
- wanting to attain qualifications, or
- wanting to further develop their skill set
The duties require a genuine empathy for animals, excellent customer service skills as well as high standards of cleanliness and professionalism.
Through the Petbarn Grooming Academy you will learn not only the practical skills needed to complete grooming services across different breeds and coat types, but also safe work practices, pet first aid, dog anatomy and dog psychology whilst gaining hands on experience in one of our professional salons.
5 week 'hands-on' intensive practical training.
Available Course dates:
- NSW - February 5th - March 22nd 2024 Non-consecutive weeks (Petbarn Caringbah)
- VIC - February 5th - March 8th 2024 (Petbarn Brunswick)
- WA - February 12th - March 16th 2024 (Petbarn Ellenbrook)
- QLD - February 19th - March 23rd 2024 (Petbarn Mitchelton)
3 students per class. limited places available. Small class sizes ensure there is enough time for 1-on-1 training.
Courses will initially be available in Brisbane and Melbourne.
Heiniger Academy Certificate III in Animal Care Services (Pet Grooming) & 5 Week Practical Pet Grooming Course.
Students will learn:
- Safe work practises and handling skills
- Bathing and various drying techniques
- Performing clipping and scissoring techniques
- Pet trims on variety of different coat types
- Maintaining tools and equipment
- Identifying different coat types for companion animals
- Dog anatomy and psychology
- Applying basic first aid
- Customer consultation
- and more!
Core Units for this pet/dog grooming course:
- ACMBEH301 Identify behaviours and interact safely with animals
- ACMGEN303 Assess welfare status of an animal
- ACMGEN304 Promote positive wellbeing for self and others in animal care workplaces
- ACMGEN309 Provide basic animal first aid
- ACMGEN315 Communicate effectively with clients and team members
- ACMINF301 Comply with infection control policies and procedures in animal care work
- ACMWHS301 Contribute to workplace health and safety processes
Training Centre Chosen Electives for this pet/dog grooming course:
- ACMGEN310 Provide reception services for an animal care facility
- ACMGEN311 Maintain and monitor animal health and wellbeing
- ACMGRM201 Bath, dry and brush domestic dogs
- ACMGRM303 Provide sanitary and hygiene grooms for companion animals
- ACMGRM304 Provide grooms on cross breed dogs
- ACMGRM305* Groom dogs to meet breed style and coat requirements
- ACMGRM403 Enhance companion animal coat and skin condition
- ACMSPE316 Provide general care of domestic dogs
- ACMSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBINS302 Organise workplace information
*this course has its own prerequisite requirements.